Like you, we love dogs! And we KNOW dogs.
We designed this dog trainer academy to help professional dog trainers advance their current skill sets and to help build a solid foundation for those who want to become a dog trainer. The Dog Behavioral Psychology Academy is focused on helping dog trainers learn why dogs do what they do, how to understand their signals, behaviors and expressions to create an environment that promotes rapid, conflict-free learning in the dog/handler relationship.
This dog trainer academy is one of the most behavior-based trainer schools in the United States. This course is valuable for any dog trainer seeking additional training experience. If you want to be a dog trainer, or if you need the credentials showing your accomplishments, you’ll find that completion of this academy will demonstrate your ability to work and communicate with dogs.
- Recognize and read communication in dog posture, facial expression, body language, movement and tonal inflection.
- Identify the numerous and diverse sources of dog behavior. Understanding the root of dog behavior is critical for effective dog training.
- Understand how the dog brain processes and stores information, and how to make associations between stimuli and reward to ensure long-term memory and performance under stress.
- Personal, hands-on interactive work with untrained dogs.
- Examples of dog communication in video footage.
- Large field pack socialization.
- Personal coaching.
- Assigned “project dogs.”
- A greater understanding of how to use with dogs’ instincts to achieve results
There are many different approaches to dog training. But there is no substitute for learning to view the world through a dog’s eyes. Understanding how a dog sees things will cut years off your learning curve as a trainer.
Class space is limited.