Owner, chief trainer and a professional dog trainer in a wide variety of disciplines, Behesha has helped rehabilitate and improve the lives of companion and working dogs. She impacts the way people understand and train their dogs. Her “Whole-Dog” approach has made her a highly sought-after resource by professional dog trainers seeking to understand and rehabilitate difficult dogs.
She has served on the Senior Advisory Team of the International Association of Canine Professionals. She and her staff have conducted training seminars throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. Recognized for her dog behavior insight, Behesha has written many articles on the subject of dog training. She modifies perceptions of dog behavior and helps people adjust their training styles to bring greater understanding and freedom from conflict in the dog/handler relationship. Behesha coaches professional dog trainers, conducts international training seminars, provides one-on-one training for students in Extreme K-9’s Trainers Academies, and works with individuals seeking to improve the behavior and relationship with their own dogs.
Behesha is a gifted public speaker and published author on the subjects of dog behavior, communication and training.
- Certified Dog Trainer – International Association of Canine Professionals
- Member: International Association of Canine Professionals, #1278
- Member of the ‘Senior Advisory Team’ of trainers – International Association of Canine Professionals
- American Kennel Club CGC Evaluator
- Approved Instructor – Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board in:
- Law Enforcement Narcotic Detection K-9 Certification
- Remote Collar Training for K-9 Reliability
- Police K-9 Unit Tactical Operations
- Licensed by State of Illinois – Narcotics Detection Dog Certifier
- Patrol Dog Handler – Energy Police Department, Energy, Illinois
- Basic & Advanced Trainers Course, Michael Ellis School of Dog Training, San Francisco, CA
- Narcotic Detector Dog Trainer, Alpha K-9 Training Center Trainers Course, Jackson, Mississippi
- Narcotic/Explosive Detector Dog Trainer, Vohne Liche Kennels Certified Trainers Courses (twice), Denver, IN
- Mantrailing K-9 Trainer, Salem, IL
- Remote Collar Trainer, Honors Graduate, Las Vegas, NV
- Featured Trainer on Tri-Tronics Instructional DVD included with all Tri-Tronics G2 collars sold world wide
Susan graduated from our Dog Behavioral Psychology and Remote Collar Trainers academy courses. She has owned and competed with many dogs including in competitive obedience and rally. She also performed therapy work with her german shepherd, Rogan. Susan is a graduate of Michael Ellis’ school for dog trainers. Extremely well-spoken, professional and capable of conveying training skills to others, she serves clients in central Illinois. Susan is a CGC evaluator with the American Kennel Club.
Lauren joined the training team in 2014. She earned her degree in rehabilitation services from SIU Carbondale. The focus of her degree was with people, but little did she know she would go on to help rehabilitate dogs. She has found her passion working with dogs that do not have a voice, especially dogs that have fear-based aggression. Lauren says, “Giving these dogs confidence and a new found skill set reaffirms that I am doing my life’s work. Furthermore, I enjoy helping clients bring clarity to their relationship with their four-legged companion.”
She herself enjoys expanding her knowledge and joined the International Association of Canine Professionals. She plans to attend their conferences and workshops to learn more about dog training and dog psychology. Lauren says, “It is hard to put into words how much I have learned in just two and half years working at Extreme K-9. The knowledge I have gained from the training director and members on the team I am a part of, have been invaluable to me.”